Restaurants in Lancaster Pa.
If you are looking for good places to eat in Lancaster Pa., one of the best casual fine dining restaurants in Lancaster county Pa is the Cameron Estate Inn and Restaurant.
Though Lancaster county cuisine is somewhat synonymous with traditional homemade Pennsylvania Dutch style cooking this welcoming and hearty styles of cooking now
gives way to casual fine-dining cuisine at the Cameron Estate Inn.
Though the Cameron Estate Inn was born out of the success of the authority on Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine, Betty Groff , Her acquisition of the estate was her foray into casual-fine dining. This 38 plus year tradition is kept alive with unique menu items not available at many Lancaster restaurants.
Located west of Lancaster just south of Hershey, the Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant combines local farm-to-table dining, eclectic menu choices, historic location, and park-like setting to create an experience unmatched in Lancaster County. From a lavender-honey infused sauce for chicken to a Moroccan inspired Vegetarian dish this restaurant will not disappoint and is considered one of the best restaurants in Lancaster Pa.
If you are looking for a place to eat that is considered a four star or five star gourmet restaurant, you have found it at The Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant.
Housed in the former summer mansion of Simon Cameron, the Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant offers an elegant dining experience with a well-crafted wine list, beer selections, and an array of hand selected spirit options.
This trendy escape from the norm has unique menu offerings of duck and lamb as well as the prized seafood, chicken and beef selections. Not to be overlooked are the vegetarian options which are as varied as our standard fare and can be augmented with chicken or salmon to create even more options. The made-from-scratch menu items of local ingredients and uncomplicated recipes yield a contemporary and cosmopolitan twist.
Our award winning five-star restaurant in the estate’s mansion is a unique dining experience offering fresh and local ingredients and blends them with innovative cooking styles in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
Places to Eat in Lancaster Pa.
Romantic & Historic Restaurant
Five-Star Fine Dining
Fine Dining in Lancaster Pa
Wine-list, Local Beers
Full Bar Offerings
Gluten Free & Vegetarian options
More Places to Eat in Lancaster Pa ▼ More Places to Eat in Lancaster Pa ▲
- ● Miller’s Restaurant & Smorgasbord
- ● Shady Maple Smorgasbord Restaurant
- ● Bird-In-Hand Family Restaurant and Smorgasbord Family-Style Dining
- ● Good ‘N Plenty Restaurant
- ● Hershey Farm Restaurant
- ● Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre
- ● Rainbow’s Comedy Playhouse
- ● Strasburg Rail Road
- ● Theater in the Mansion – Mount Hope Estate
- ● Bube's Brewery - We are an intact historic 19th century brewery and museum complex. Fine dining available in our Catacombs restaurant and casual dining is available in our Bottling Works and Biergarten restaurants. Experience Live Events, enjoy our Feasts, view our art gallery, shop our Cooper’s Shed Store to step back to the 19th century.
- ● Citronnelle - The name Citronnelle (Lemongrass in French) is synonymous with fresh, local, seasonal ingredients and exotic accents. Lancaster County, famous for its vast and picturesque farmlands, affords us the freshest local, natural (organic where possible) produce. We use only wild and sustainable seafood and hormone-free meats and poultry (organic where possible). When combined with the finest all-natural global ingredients, we create uniquely flavorful, beautifully composed dishes for our all of our discerning guests.
- ● Penn Square Grille - The Grille offers approachably elegant dining in an incomparable setting amidst the energy of historic Penn Square in Downtown Lancaster.
- ● Forklift & Palate - The Forklift and Palate offers classic All-American dishes with an adventurous modern twist along with two full service bars in the restaurant and atrium indoor area with an outdoor café feel.
- ● Carr's Restaurant - Carr’s Restaurant, where American classics are retooled using local, farm-raised poultry, organically-produced meats and farm-raised shellfish. Tickled by Asian accents, creative items are spun into exotic, artful presentations.
- ● Cameron Estate Restaurant & Inn - Fine Dining Restaurant - Our commitment to use the best Lancaster County locally grown and sustainable ingredients when available will cater to the locavores, the eco-conscious, and gourmands alike in the Lancaster, Hershey, Harrisburg and York area. We believe our fine dining products made this way will be healthier for our consumer and provide for a more rounded and harmonized fine dining experience
- ● Bistro Barberet & Bakery - A modern French influenced bistro & bakery
- ● Stockyard Inn - Well known for its warm spirit of generous hospitality, the Stockyard Inn combines old world charm with innovative American cuisine. We serve the finest steaks, chops, prime rib, fresh seafood (including our signature jumbo lump Maryland crab cakes) and chef's daily specials.
- ● Cork & Cap Restaurant - Fresh food & fresh vision come together at Cork & Cap Restaurant. Our guiding tenet is simple yet uncompromising: use local ingredients and made-from-scratch, no-nonsense recipes. Our dishes pay homage to rural heritage of the Lancaster County, all with an extra pinch of creative license. Think Pennsylvania Dutch comfort food with a contemporary, cosmopolitan twist. Dine in plush leather banquettes alongside restored brick and stone walls, lounge in the Cork & Cap's rustic bar area, or enjoy seasonal outdoor dining on our patio around Urban Place's signature smoke stack.
- ● Ma(i)son - We maintain a small menu with very focused flavors and that changes weekly because we like it that way, but also because we rely completely on our farmers and producers and what the weather and seasons dictate.
What is a smorgasbord?
A Smorgasbord is an all-you-can-eat buffet of PA Dutch and American food. Though many for the classic and authentic Pa Dutch meals are not offered, several of these restaurants offer a few of the classics.
The seemingly endless supply of food provides enough choices to satisfy any diner and you certainly won’t leave hungry! You can help yourself to as much as you like from a variety of dishes served buffet-style.
What is Family Style Dining?
When Amish families and friends gather for meals they often sit together at long tables and eat together. Here in Lancaster County, we call this ‘Family Style’ dining.
Unlike Smorgasbord restaurants where you have to get up and help yourself, here families and groups of all sizes are seated at tables and the serving staff brings the food to you. You’ll receive serving bowls and platters heaping with delicious foods. There’s always plenty of food to go around.
Instead of just a dinner and a movie enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner and a live show at on of Lancaster County's dinner theater options, whether you’re looking for a musical, a comedy, or a murder mystery.
Fine Dining Restaurants
You're in for a treat when you dine at one of Lancaster County's fine restaurants. Select mouth-watering dishes from eclectic menus, often featuring fresh, local ingredients. The perfect touch to a romantic overnight getaway just for the two of you. To help you find that memorable meal, see our list of fine dining option below.